Fresh From The Garden...

Welcome to my new blog... My First Vegetable Garden. It is dedicated to new gardeners and I plan to blog about and video the entire 2014 gardening season.

I will cover and teach you about every aspect of home gardening that you can think of! Please follow my blog as it will take you from starting your own seeds to harvesting 2 pound heirloom tomatoes and more! Learn how to grow the vegetables on your right...

Search my TWO blogs by entering key garden words...

Starting Mixes, Seed Cells and Seed Starting Set Up

Friday, November 8, 2013

Identifying Tomato 'Sunscald', Fruit Cracking & Fungi: Inspect Your Plants!

Identifying Tomato 'Sunscald', Fruit Cracking & Fungi: Inspect Your Plants!

It is important to recognize the problems that can occur in your vegetable garden. This video will show you what tomato 'sunscald' looks like, explain why tomatoes can crack and show you examples of potential fungi your tomato plants can get on their leaves.

I have mention that is really important to inspect your vegetable garden several times a week. Your eyes are the best defense in protecting your plants from the damage of pests and diseases. You can't always prevent something from happening to you tomato plants but you can often decrease the total potential damage.




Before you can help your tomatoes and vegetables, you have to learn what can happen to them. Tomato 'suncald' or 'sunscalding' happens a lot when tomato leaves are pruned away and the sun beats down on the tomato. The tomato actually gets burned and the color bleaches out. Cracked fruit can come from watering issues and different tomato varieties are can be more or less susceptible to cracking.  Leaf spotting can be a sign of fungus and the only way to learn about what to look for is to see examples. This video will show you examples of these three potential problems.


Visit my YouTube Site dedicated to New Gardeners:
My First Vegetable Garden

Join a Community of World Gardeners at
My Google+ Community - My First Vegetable Garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment