Fresh From The Garden...

Welcome to my new blog... My First Vegetable Garden. It is dedicated to new gardeners and I plan to blog about and video the entire 2014 gardening season.

I will cover and teach you about every aspect of home gardening that you can think of! Please follow my blog as it will take you from starting your own seeds to harvesting 2 pound heirloom tomatoes and more! Learn how to grow the vegetables on your right...

Search my TWO blogs by entering key garden words...

Starting Mixes, Seed Cells and Seed Starting Set Up

Saturday, November 9, 2013

How to Broil Garden Fresh Poblano Peppers: Amazing Flavor!

How to Broil Garden Fresh Poblano Peppers: 
Amazing Flavor!

Poblano peppers have a heat to them somewhere below a jalapeno. It really isn't that spicy but it has an amazing sweetness that is enhanced when grilled or broiled. This video shows you how to easily broil Poblano peppers. You can't beat their smokey sweet taste when broiled or grilled.



Poblano peppers have a fairly thick skin that you can eat but it is hard to digest for a lot of people. Broiling them will add flavor and blister the skin so it can be easily removed. It also softens the skin so whatever is left behind, can be more easily digested. I broil Poblanos in 3 minute increments 8-12 inches below the broiling coil. You want to set a timer for 3 minutes. You don't want to burn the peppers or smoke the oil by accidentally letting them over cook.

Poblanos Broiled for 3 Minutes - My First Vegetable Garden
After you check on them at 3 minutes, broil the same side for another 3 minutes. They will get a really nice char to them that adds the smokey flavor. Turn them over and broil the other side for 3 more minutes and your are done. Just remove them and let them sit for about 10 minutes and remove the skin.

Poblanos Broiled for 6 Minutes - My First Vegetable Garden
The video will show you how to cut the Poblano peppers and prepare them for broiling. It will also show you all the stages in the process, how to peel the skin and the basic seasoning I use. Enjoy! This video comes from my other YouTube Channel: The Rusted Garden.






Visit my YouTube Site dedicated to New Gardeners:
My First Vegetable Garden

Join a Community of World Gardeners at
My Google+ Community - My First Vegetable Garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment