Fresh From The Garden...

Welcome to my new blog... My First Vegetable Garden. It is dedicated to new gardeners and I plan to blog about and video the entire 2014 gardening season.

I will cover and teach you about every aspect of home gardening that you can think of! Please follow my blog as it will take you from starting your own seeds to harvesting 2 pound heirloom tomatoes and more! Learn how to grow the vegetables on your right...

Search my TWO blogs by entering key garden words...

Starting Mixes, Seed Cells and Seed Starting Set Up

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Thrift Store Shopping for Your Vegetable Garden: Repurposing!

Thrift Store Shopping for Your Vegetable Garden: Repurposing!

Thrift stores are great places to find things for all aspects of gardening. You can save a lot of money. I will be doing a regular blog and video series on finding discount garden items and repurposing items. The main things you can find at thrift stores on a fairly regularly basis are books, tools and planting containers.




Hardback gardening books have become a personal addiction. You can find these gems for about $2 in most thrift stores. I have found many books that date through 30 years. The best thing about gardening is the advice that was true then is true now.  In your larger thrift store you can find hand tools and watering cans for a few dollars.  I think one of the best things you can find are containers that can be repurposed for starting seedlings, growing herbs or even large tomato plants. It is worth checking out your local thrift stores!

Visit my YouTube Site dedicated to New Gardeners:
My First Vegetable Garden

Join a Community of World Gardeners at
My Google+ Community - My First Vegetable Garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment